Saturday, March 5, 2016

Keep in Line


"Ok, and if you'll sign this....
... and this....
... and one more...
... OK - we are ready to release your rations to you for this week.  Please stand and recite the Oath to the President."

"I promise to honor and respect our kind and generous President, always."

"You missed one."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I promise to honor and respect our kind, generous and wise President, always."

"Was that a smirk?"

"What?! No!  I had an itch."

"It looked like a smirk.  Are you sure you are sincere in your gratitude to our President?"

"Of course I am!  Look, I'm just hungry like everyone else.  May I please have the bag of food now?"

"Your ration is issued in accordance with his benevolence... you do know that means you're duty bound to love him, don't you?"

"I do! I do!"

"Alright, I believe you... this time.  Here's your rations."

"It seems lighter than last time."

"Are you questioning his generosity and kindness??"

"No! No, God no!"

"WHO???"

"I - I mean... by his kindness, No!!"

"Don't let it happen again."

No comments:

Post a Comment